Thursday, June 22

Time, Photos, and Copyright

It's pretty strange, I wrote that last post after being up all night. I was pretty elated, and I think I was still living in my old dorm, looking over the city as the sun came up. I could be wrong, but there were many nights where I never slept and saw the sun rise over the skyline of NYC.

I did end up moving into another dorm. My second semester I moved from the fourth floor of the worst freshman dorm on campus to the basement (it was the first floor, but it was below ground on our end of the building) of the nicest. There are of course only three freshman dorms, and one of those is only half freshmen, so saying this was the best isn't saying much. And now that I think about it the only downside to the third dorm is that it is further from the academic buildings. I actually really enjoyed it there and for the last few months of the semester, I found myself hanging out there quite a bit. It might be that the company was great, but I think the building as a whole is all right.

So I moved and was now living next door to all my friends. It was great, and I can't think of anything of significance to say about it. Our view was terrible, when the AC got shut off it got hot in the room, and our bathroom was falling apart. I did get a nice photo out of it though.



Yeah, it's pretty. Either way it was a fun experience and I had a great roommate and was with all my friends.

I also participated in a show. I was the assistant stage manager and deck chief for the show Bat Boy. It was a great show and a great time. My only regret is that I was not on stage. I have a ton of photos from the show. Check them out.



I did the t-shirt design and I'm really happy with the way it came out.

I wanted to stay the summer in Hoboken, so I got a job with a great company. They make tax provision software. It sounds boring, but I work with some really great people and it's a good time. Right now I'm writing the user manual for the new version of their software, but who knows what they'll have me doing once its done.

I'm starting this up again because I feel like I can contribute something to the tangled mess that has become the internet. It's a great cacophony of ideas and opinions, and I want to add my voice to the mix. Also I found this really cool web browser called Flock. It's like Firefox only very "Web 2.0" and when I tried it I had the urge to utilize all of its amazing functionality. There is a nice article from O'Reilly that attempts to answer the question What Is Web 2.0?

Actually, for an interesting read about intellectual property, check out Lawrence Lessig's homepage. He has written several books about the topic. My favorite dissertation about copyright can be found here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home