Thursday, June 29

Slow Down and Dancing

Music: Incubus
Mood: Wet (its raining)

"Nobody can tell you if what you're doing is good, meaningful or worthwhile. The more compelling the path, the more lonely it is."
-Hugh Macleod

I feel like I'm getting burnt out with all this news-type writing. I feel pressured by myself. Theres also a great video about this guy dancing. He has really inspired me.

I am headed in the wrong direction. I've only been doing this for four days and I already feel as if its been months. This shouldn't feel like a chore, it should be something I want to do. The quote above really explains how I feel. Is it really worth it for me to read all this news and then link it here and talk a little about it and all of that. No one could tell me if it really was or not, its all up to me.

I forgot why I wanted to do this. Its for reflection. If I don't need to reflect on a movie trailer, why dedicate a bunch of time to it? Why spend time wandering the net and finding links and trying so hard to be interesting? I keep forgetting that no one but me knows about this. I don't have a readership, so I need to stop doing this for them and start doing it for me.

I watched Click last night. You know, that new Adam Sandler movie. I figured it would be a funny comedy about a guy with a "universal" remote. I underestimated the film. It is a very well thought out film that reveals the best part about living: actually living. After seeing it I felt so much better. Instead of always looking towards the future, I looked at where I was right now, and it is a really amazing place. I have so many possibilities, and the only thing standing in my way is me.

I think thats a typical mindset I fall into, that I have no options. I have the whole world open to me. I could be out doing anything I want to right now...I just need to figure out what that is. I really wish I knew where to go to meet people. I want to fill my life with people, not computers and news. It isn't easy. I want to try though.

I want to do more photography. Brian still has my camera and I'm really starting to want it back, so I plan on getting it once I get a hold of him and the rain clears up. I've been jumping around Flickr lately and there are all these great photos. I'm really inspired, so I want to take some of my own and put them up for others to see. I want to be serious about it for once.

Actually, a really inspiring thing is Where The Hell Is Matt? I wasn't sure what was going on at first, but its a really great idea. There are so many things I want to do, and that trip highlights the freedom I'm looking for. The blue sky of the desert is almost calling to me. I want to be in the wilderness and look up into the sky and see stars. Thats where I would head right now if I thought I could get away with it. My life is too rigid with school and work right now, so things like that will have to wait.

He also has the first one he made, and theres a really funny response to it as well. Check them all out.

I entered this Flickr competition. Check out all the great photos that have been submitted. Mine isn't the best, be sure, but there's no reason not to contribute.

Theres this really amazing online photo editor thats just like photoshop only ots free. Its really really amazing. Be sure to check it out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home