Friday, June 30

No News, Short Post

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3923/untitled16tp.jpg

Music: Wolfmother
Mood: Eh...

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."
-Mae West

I changed the layout again. There wasn't anything interesting in the news today. News is always better early in the week. I got my camera back, but I couldn't seem to take the photos I wanted to. Overall, a very short post.

I changed the layout again. I'm not very good at making my own layouts, but I can steal from the best to be sure. I decided to have a less cluttered front page. I doubt anyone wants to see a full thousand words right off the bat. They'd rather see an interesting summary and a neat picture and then go read more if they think its interesting. I don't want anyone to get bored in the second paragraph and then move on, especially when the cool stuff is near the bottom.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4664/pvp200606295cd.gif

I got my camera back, and I tried to take some cool photos. They didn't come out the way I wanted to, so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep fiddling with them or get some new ones. I would like to add some new content to flickr. Oh, that reminds me. I added some flickr photos to the bottom of the blog. I'll make neat borders for them at some point, but for now at least they're there.

I had wanted to talk about different blog engines and think about moving away from blogger to my own blog. There is an upside and a downside to both options. With blogger I get part of a community. Its not quite as popular a community as livejournal, but it is still a community. If I were to make my own blog and host it somewhere else I would be on my own. I would however have greater control over the layout and extra features of my blog that I don't have now. If I do this for me, it shouldn't matter, but I do like to have a nice looking blog. I guess I can just wait until I actually develop a readership and then maybe I'll think about moving...if I ever do develop a readership.

I'm not sure what audience I really appeal to, if any. I don't write anything in particular. Sometimes I write about me, and sometimes I write about tech news and comics. I don't have a niche to really pull from. I'm nothing definite. I am an amalgamation of all sorts of things. I guess when you go to market yourself to a real audience you have to pick and choose. I'm not ready for that yet, so I'll settle for obscurity.

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/2008/untitled25gh.jpg

I don't know that I read anything terribly interesting today. The news is always better early in the week for some reason. Admittedly, I haven't really scoured the net for all the cool things to see today, but thats okay, I think I'll save myself the trouble.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home